News Search & Analytics
US Edition
Minimum 3 characters required!!

Space heater believed to have caused fire at Olathe duplex, displacing seven people

Sun Jan 08 16:06:24 EST 2017 | The Kansas City Star
A space heater inside a garage of a central Olathe duplex is believed to have started a fire early Sunday that caused an estimated $160,000 in damage and displaced seven people. A caller to 911 reported the fire shortly before 6 a.m. in the 800 block of North Hamilton Drive. By the time firefighters arrived, flames and a wall of smoke poured from the front of the duplex, according to the Olathe Fire Department. Firefighters battled the blaze in single-digit temperatures and brought it under cont..

Advertisement


A space heater inside a garage of a central Olathe duplex is believed to have started a fire early Sunday that caused an estimated $160,000 in damage and displaced seven people. A ..
CONCORD, Mass. (AP) — Three sleeping Massachusetts firefighters narrowly escaped after their fire station went up in flames in the middle of the night. Concord Fire Chief Mark Cotr..
CONCORD, Mass. (AP) — Three sleeping Massachusetts firefighters narrowly escaped after their fire station went up in flames in the middle of the night. Concord Fire Chief Mark Cotr..
CONCORD, Mass. (AP) — Three sleeping Massachusetts firefighters narrowly escaped after their fire station went up in flames in the middle of the night. Concord Fire Chief Mark Cotr..
CONCORD, Mass. (AP) — Three sleeping Massachusetts firefighters narrowly escaped after their fire station went up in flames in the middle of the night. Concord Fire Chief Mark Cotr..
CONCORD, Mass. (AP) — Three sleeping Massachusetts firefighters narrowly escaped after their fire station went up in flames in the middle of the night. Concord Fire Chief Mark Cotr..
GILBERT, Ariz. - Firefighters worked to put out a first-alarm fire in a Gilbert home Wednesday night. Gilbert fire officials wrote on Twitter that they had received no reports of i..
SNOHOMISH, Wash. (AP) — More than a half-dozen people are out of a home after a large fire at a Snohomish County duplex. Fire crews responded to a home near Three Lakes Road after ..
Calgary fire crews extinguished a “stubborn” blaze Wednesday in a building next to the First Baptist Church in the Beltline. Carol Henke, a spokesperson for the Calgary Fire D..
PAULSBORO -- Firefighters are on the scene of a house fire on West Broad Street. The blaze heavily damaged a home, according to reports from the scene. One patient has be..
One firefighter was reportedly injured while fighting a house fire Tuesday afternoon in Kansas City, Kan. The fire was reported just before 1:30 p.m. Tuesday in the 3600 block of L..
SNOHOMISH, Wash. — More than a half-dozen people are out of a home after a large fire at a Snohomish County duplex. Fire crews responded to a home near Three Lakes Road after 2 a.m..
A garage fire was quickly extinguished Tuesday morning in north suburban Lake Forest, but one firefighter was injured. At 10:22 a.m. fire officials received a call after a construc..
Firefighters in Galveston County were able to save a second home from burning after battling a fire nearby. Fire crews worked for several hours Thursday morning to extinguish a fir..
HAMILTON -- Township firefighters extinguished flames in a clothes dryer at a home on McClellan Ave off South Broad Street Thursday afternoon, fire officials said. And wh..
BOSTON (AP) — Firefighters took on an early morning blaze at a home on Boston's east side that left four people displaced and caused an estimated $100,000 in damage. The Boston Glo..
A family’s Alfred, Ont. farmhouse burned to the ground last week after it took an hour for fire trucks to arrive. The fire destroyed the home and killed the family’s dog. Now Émili..
On Friday, they ran into a hot goalie. In Saturday, they rode one. Calgary Flames netminder Chad Johnson was the difference-maker in a 3-1 victory over the Vancouver Canucks at the..
A fire occurred shortly before 9:30 p.m. Thursday at 109 Highland Place, between Douglas and Beecher streets, bordering Highland Park. Ken Sturtz | ksturtz@syracuse.com  SYRAC..
SYRACUSE, N.Y. -- Syracuse firefighters are working to put out a fire burning a construction business. A fire was reported at Morris Construction, 1615 N. Salina St., around 5:30 a..
A two-alarm fire caused heavy damage to a fire engine at the West Concord fire station early Wednesday morning. (Courtesy photo / Concord Fire Department Twitter) Sun staff photos ..
No one was injured in a blaze early Monday in a vacant Lawndale neighborhood home on the West Side. The fire was reported about 7 a.m. at the two-story building in the 1100 bl..
IOWA CITY, Iowa (AP) — Investigators are trying to determine what caused a house fire that killed one person in Iowa City. When crews arrived, they found a fire burning in the base..
Firefighters are on the scene of an apartment fire in Hoover. The blaze started about 11:30 a.m. at a building in the 3600 block of Doe Lane at The Park at Deerfield, said Hoover F..
ABOVE VIDEO: Brevard County firefighters responded to a house fire in the 300 block of --- Circle in Merritt Island early Thursday morning about 3 a.m. (WFTV video) BREVARD..
A man and a woman in their 50s have been treated in hospital for smoke inhalation after a fire at a house in County Londonderry. The blaze broke out at a bungalow on the Foreglen R..
Police are asking for help finding a man who pointed a handgun at a clerk’s face during a robbery of a Kansas City, North, convenience store. At about 6:15 a.m. Sunday, the robber ..
Firefighters in Concord, Massachusetts awoke Wednesday morning to deal with a fire, but the blaze was inside their own station. Three firefighters were asleep when the alarm went o..
Two units have been destroyed after an apartment fire in southeast Houston. The owner of the apartment told Eyewitness News that he was trying to stay warm by turning on the heater..
KANSAS CITY, Mo. (AP) — The youngest of five people convicted in the deaths of six Kansas City firefighters will be resentenced in February. Bryan Sheppard was sentenced to life in..
PORTLAND, Ore. -- The first floor of the Portland Building, also known as the Portland Municipal Services Building, opened Wednesday night as an emergency homeless shelter. The bui..
PORTLAND, Ore. -- The Portland Building will be open as an emergency homeless shelter from Saturday night until Monday morning. Mayor Ted Wheeler made the announcement early Saturd..
A mega food drive is being held Sunday for those in need, thanks to three county organizations. It’s the first time the World Mission Society Church of God, San Diego Food Bank and..
GLOUCESTER TWP -- Emergency crews were at the scene of a three-alarm blaze at an apartment complex in Gloucester Township late Saturday night, police said.  The fire at t..
The Montgomery County Fire Marshal is investigating after a mobile home caught fire Monday morning in Cut and Shoot. Five adults and four children, all under the age of 10, escaped..